People should have access to quality health care at an affordable price. Joe believes that pre-existing conditions should be covered under all care plans and that tele-medicine can help provide quality health care in rural areas.
Inclusive coverage for everyone who needs it.
- Joe will protect coverage for people with pre-existing conditions.
- Joe will support bipartisan efforts to make coverage and prescription drugs more affordable.
- People should not have to worry about losing their health insurance when they lose their job. Joe will fight for greater access to health care options and more transparency on the options available.
State Insurance Exchange
- This historic reform, House Bill 3, to healthcare passed in Harrisburg by a 198-1 vote and became law in 2019. It would create an online exchange operated by the state instead of the federal government and provides for lower premiums and increased access to health insurance.
- The state could divert the $98 million it used to pay the federal government to run its marketplace and reinvest approximately $30 million into its own marketplace.
- This new exchange is predicted to save Pennsylvanians up to $250 million annually in premiums.
- Rural hospitals are far and few between, but that doesn’t mean patients should not have access to top-of-the-line medical information and specialists.
- Joe believes tele-medicine offers opportunities for cost-saving healthcare.
- Joe is a proponent of investments in rural broadband infrastructure to support this effort, in addition to many other benefits.
LEARN MORE ABOUT JOE’S CAMPAIGN
Three Pennsylvania labor unions this week announced they will be endorsing Joe Waltz for state representative in Pennsylvania House District 76. The unions include Pennsylvania AFL-CIO, AFSCME Council 13, and APSCUF.