Freedom is not a buzzword in this campaign. Joe will fight to protect the rights of all Pennsylvania residents’ Constitutional rights and freedoms.
Freedom of speech.
- Joe will never support measures to silence Pennsylvanians or the press.
- He supports the people’s right to assemble and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
The rights of law-abiding gun owners.
- Joe will not take away people’s guns. This narrative is tired.
- Joe grew up on a farm and learned how to responsibly handle guns from his father. He understands the economic, conservation and cultural importance of hunting to our rural communities and will fight to protect the rights of law-abiding citizens.
- Measures to ensure Pennsylvanian’s Constitutional freedoms are not infringed upon.
Personal freedom for law-abiding citizens.
- Joe believes some issues are deeply personal and private. He cares about protecting people’s sovereignty to ensure individual freedoms are not infringed upon. As a man, Joe recognizes there are certain issues he has not been confronted with.
- Joe will support legislation that improves the quality of life for Pennsylvanians and ultimately reduce abortions. Access to affordable health care, family planning education, child care assistance, and a living wage are vital to the success of families. He will also support efforts to lower the barriers to adopt.
- Joe will uphold laws that ensure protection for vulnerable populations and that prohibit discrimination.
- Joe believes in privacy. He will fight against government overreach into the private lives of Pennsylvanians.
Often, the hot topics of politics divide our communities. These also tend to be deeply personal issues in which government should not necessarily always be involved.Joe Waltz