First responders and emergency service providers such as police, emergency medical technicians and firefighters literally keep our communities safe every single day. Joe pledges to be a fierce advocate for their needs to ensure that they have the tools and resources essential to successfully carrying out their duties.
Investments to support emergency personnel.
- College tuition credits for emergency responders.
- Investments in rural emergency services, from safety and diversity training to equipment and capital expenses. Ensuring our rural police, emergency medical service providers and firefighters are properly trained and equipped is integral to the quality of services provided.
The creation of a State Fire Commission.
- Reform of the Office of the State Fire Commissioner by creating a State Fire Commission would consolidate and expand the duties under the Office’s authority.
- Due to a decentralized fire service, limited and dispersed statutory authority, and insufficient staffing, the impact of the Office of the State Fire Commissioner has not been maximized.
- A broader Commission could help lead Pennsylvania’s emergency services and ensure a steady flow of resources, assistance, and support in communities across Pennsylvania.
LEARN MORE ABOUT JOE’S CAMPAIGN
Three Pennsylvania labor unions this week announced they will be endorsing Joe Waltz for state representative in Pennsylvania House District 76. The unions include Pennsylvania AFL-CIO, AFSCME Council 13, and APSCUF.