Joe Waltz, candidate for Pennsylvania’s 76th House District, has announced he will be participating in virtual town halls starting this spring and leading up through the November election. The forums will take place over Zoom.
“My campaign is taking the COVID-19 pandemic very seriously, and we’re listening to public health officials and experts to mitigate the spread of the virus,” Waltz said. “Like many organizations and businesses, we have cancelled events and pivoted our efforts during this unprecedented time.”
(This post is being updated as events are planned!)
- August 6 – 7:00 PM: Event passed.
- June 18 – 7:00 PM: Event passed.
- May 21 – 7:00 PM: Event passed.
- May 7 – 7:00 PM: Event passed
- April 20 – 7:00 PM: Event passed.
STAY TUNED FOR MORE CUP OF JOE EVENT ANNOUNCEMENTS!
Invitations to register will be sent out via email (Sign up to receive emails here.)
While the campaign initially intended to host “Cup of Joe” outreach events around the 76th District, where residents could enjoy a cup of fresh coffee while talking with Joe about their ideas and concerns, current circumstances required a new format.
“Our community is facing unprecedented challenges across the board. Children are home from school, employees are unable to work or are worried about their health, seniors are facing higher risks, employers are struggling to keep afloat, and our health care professionals and emergency medical providers are working tirelessly to protect their neighbors. It’s important that we as a community find ways to come together and support each other,” Waltz said. “I hope these virtual town halls provide an opportunity for that to happen.”
Additional Virtual Cup of Joe town halls will be planned in the coming weeks. In addition, Waltz’s campaign volunteers are reaching out to residents of the 76th District by phone, email and mail.
ABOUT THE VIRTUAL CUP OF JOE TOWN HALLS
- The online event(s) will last approximately 30 minutes.
- Up to 90 participants will be able to sit in on the virtual town hall.
- Up to three questions may be submitted upon registration. Additional questions may be asked during the call.
- Joe will make every effort to answer all questions, starting with recurring questions submitted leading up to the event. In the event that not all questions are answered, Joe will contact the individual who submitted unanswered questions following the call.